Liposuction Southlake TX
Also Serving the Greater Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) Area
Liposuction is a procedure that designs, slims and reshapes specific parts of the body. Sometimes referred to as lipo, lipoplasty or liposculpture, the procedure is used to redefine the target areas of the body by removing excess fat deposits, thus improving body contours and helping to help balance your body’s proportions. These changes are accomplished through an assortment of liposuction technique, all of which employ a cannula (small, thin tubes with blunted tips) and a suctioning device.
Although liposuction is one of the most common plastic surgeries performed, it is also one of the most misunderstood. Contrary to what many think, liposuction is not used to merely reduce body weight or to remove cellulite as a treatment of obesity. However, weight loss, often as much as 10 pounds, accompanies liposuction.
Liposuction is often turned to when one wants to reshape or redefine the contours of the abdomen, buttocks, thighs, hips, calves, ankles, waist, upper arms, back, breast, chin, and neck. Once you have liposuction, the skin molds to the new contours of the treated areas. Better yet, with lipo, the resulting contours are typically permanent, so long as your weight remains stable.
Advantages of Liposuction
While the most commonly acknowledged advantage of liposuction is reshaping and contouring of one’s body, there are a number of other reasons that people visit our office.
- Liposuction can improve your well-being through improving serious imbalances and abnormalities in the appearance of one’s body. Self-conscious about that extra skin on your arms after losing weight? Liposuction is an option that can tighten that skin and give your arms more definition.
- Some procedures can be done as an outpatient procedure.
- Many times, lipo encourages one to have better health habits so that the results of the procedure can be maintained.
- Liposuction can help, or even remove completely, the benign fatty tumors known as lipomas which can occur in certain areas of the body.
- The results of lipo are often immediate, an allows you to see changes within just a day or so – essentially, as the swelling goes down.
- Liposuction has many health benefits and can reduce your risk of heart disease, diabetes, and even certain types of cancer.
- If you deal with chafing in the armpit areas or thighs, then liposuction will eliminate this concern which will make movement more comfortable.
- For men who suffer from gynecomastia (excessive fatty breast tissue), liposuction is an ideal way to achieve the desired shape and definition.
- Reduction of cellulite.
- Opting for liposuction, can help treat lipodystrophy syndrome, which is when there is a fat disturbance that affects some parts of the body but not in others.
- Liposuction can improve your body’s appearance, and make it more natural looking. This is especially beneficial for someone who has had a gastric band or bypass procedure. Liposuction will correct abnormalities such as excess skin that occurred as a result of such rapid weight loss without ample toning.
Possible Risk of Liposuction
Like any medical procedure, liposuction does come with some risks. Liposuction risks include:
- Inflammation surrounding the treated areas that can last up to 6 months.
- The friction from the cannulas can sometimes cause skin burns.
- Occasionally, patients can experience numbness in certain areas for several weeks after the procedure. However, this numbness is only temporary.
- In some cases, people who receive liposuction may have an allergic reaction or just a bad reaction to the anesthesia.
- In rare situations, having liposuction can lead to nutritional deficiencies from mal-absorptive operations or anemia.
Despite the risks that are associated with liposuction, there are no reasons to keep you from choosing to have the procedure done. It has been deemed a very safe procedure with positive, pleasing results.
Dr. Kasden offers Liposuction to patients from Dallas, Fort Worth, Keller, Trophy Club, Grapevine, Southlake, Plano, Arlington, Sherman, Euless, McKinney, Las Colinas, Hurst, Haslett, Frisco, Denton, Coppell, Colleville, Burleson, Allen, Texas and the surrounding areas.