Gynecomastia (Gyno) Surgery
Serving Southlake Texas and the Greater Dallas-Fort Worth Area
Gynecomastia surgery is a procedure that reduces breast size in men, thus creating and enhancing a stronger more contoured chest. The condition, which affects more than one third of the world’s total male population, can occur in men of any age and can be the result of hormonal changes, heredity, obesity, or the use of certain drugs. For some men, it can make them hesitant to pursue different activities, reduce interest in sex, and cause emotional and psychological confidence.
In cases where the weight associated with excess breast tissue causes the breast to sag and the areola to be stretched, the gynecomastia surgery can position and resize the areola, and reduce the amount of excess skin. When plastic surgery is used in gynecomastia it is referred to as reduction mammoplasty. In some situations, gynecomastia might resolve itself on its own, or be treated with medication, but surgery is an effective alternative that usually removes anxiety of the issue returning. Other advantages to opting for gynecomastia include these benefits:
- More Self-confidence – For men who have spent their entire life dealing with this problem, having a more contoured, flatter chest gives them the confidence to take pride in their body and be able to wear clothing that they never felt comfortable in prior to the surgery. Thus, having the surgery makes one more comfortable when going out in the summer because you have more confidence about wearing tank tops, or going without a shirt when swimming.
- More Sporty, Masculine Figure – For many men who have dealt with gynecomastia all their lives, having the surgery means no longer being self-conscious of those more feminine curves. In having the surgery, they will have a flatter chest and more sculpted figure.
- Healthier Lifestyle – This new and improved look can be enhanced and define even more through working out and eating healthy. Thus, having the surgery makes one more likely to want to focus on taking care of their bodies.
- Better Posture – When a person has a heavier chest, it can be difficult to stand up straight. This is because the extra weight can cause one to hunch over more and ultimately lead to a permanent hunch back. The poor posture can cause other health issues, as well as be a deterrent to showing strength. Having a smaller, more defined chest will add confidence and allow you to stand straight and tall.
- Fast Recovery Time – Gynecomastia is a standard surgical procedure that has a minimal recovery time. In most scenarios, one can resume their normal activities within just a few days after the surgery, with a full recovery within in 5-6 weeks. There will need to be a post-op doctor’s visit to ensure everything is progressing as expected, and there are no concerns such as numbness or excessive swelling (occasional side effects with gynecomastia surgery).
- Permanent Results – The results from Gynecomastia will remain indefinitely, so long as you do your part to maintain your weight. However, it should be noted that if you developed gynecomastia as a result of medication or anabolic steroids, then there is always a chance that you could develop Gynecomastia at a later date.
- Reduced Areola – After surgery, not only will the breast be smaller, but so will the areola. In fact, in many cases, this will reduce by as much as 50%.
Schedule a Consultation
If you have questions about Gynecomastia then don’t put them off. Call our office today to schedule a free consultation and learn how we can help you feel better about yourself.